Cruising Kitchens recently teamed up with The RK Group, a San Antonio-based company that provides a diverse range of services, to help them create a new emergency management division.
Cruising Kitchens began with building a mobile Dishwashing Trailer. This trailer can wash dishes in the masses. When helping feed thousands of disaster victims, there is always a need to clean a high content of dishes, silverware, etc.
With a giant Hobart Dishwasher built right into the trailer, this self-contained unit is ready to go in less than five minutes. Custom water tanks provide an ample amount of water to the dishwasher, allowing for minimal to no downtime.
After the Dishwashing Trailer was complete, it was on to the next build, a 57′ Tractor Trailer. Dubbed “The Beast”, this kitchen trailer was built to create 10,000 meals in 3 hours. This trailer houses more equipment than your favorite restaurant, allowing for a diverse menu.
The Beast is fully equipped with two 40G Tilt Skillets, three Double-Stack Convection Ovens, a 48″ Flat Griddle, a 6-Burner Range, and a Tilt Kettle. It also features a custom built walk-in refrigerator and freezer.
With the wide range of equipment on these mobile units, it takes a large amount of power to make these builds run at full capacity. This is where the third unit comes into play.
- – Hobart FT1000 Dishwasher with Booster
- – John Boos 3-Compartment Sink
- – John Boos Stainless Steel Hand Sink
- – (4) John Boos 72″X24″ Stainless Steel Tables (with flange feet)
- – 1500 CFM Low Profile Upblast Extraction Fan
- – 300 Gallon 1/2″ Polycarbonate Fresh Tank with Interior Baffles
- – 400 Gallon 1/2″ Polycarbonate Grey Water Tank
- – Bradford White 119 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- – CentriPro Variable Speed Water Pump
- – Custom Copper Drain for Dishwasher
- – Custom gauges to Monitor Water Levels